Full Professor at the Department of Engineering “Enzo Ferrari”. He has been visiting researcher at the Research Centre IBM T.J. Watson, in New York in 1996 and scientific responsible of the II level Master Degree in Information Security and Legal Regulations”.
He was delegated of the Dean for Computer Science at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia and co-founder and President of the Degree Program in “Computer Science”. He teaches the courses of ” Calculators Networks “, ” Networks Systems and Applications” and ” Information Security” in the Degree Program in Computer Engineering at the university of Engineering ” Enzo Ferrari” and in the Degree Program in Computer Science at the department of Physics, Computer Science and Mathematics at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. He is founder and director of interdepartmental Research Centre of Risk Prevention and Security (CRIS) at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
Colajanni was involved in research activities about project, implementation and model aspects in the field of information security and distributed systems with high level performance and reliability.
The course provides a global overview about the problem of mapping the cybernetic risks and their management, showing the current regulations and the situation in Italy. The course will focus on the following topics:
1) Introduction to the Cybersecurity problem: Aims and extent of the problem; Incident examples; Corporate Risks; Motivation of the Attackers; Inability to find global solutions.
2) Cybersecurity and Cyberspace: Definitions; CIA properties and attacks against them.
3) Malware and Cyberattacks: Definitions; Case studies and known Malware;
4) Cyberwar: Evolution of the attackers; From the worm to the Advanced Persistent Threat. Numbers and Countries behind the cyberwar.
5) Privacy in communications: End-to-end encoded channels; Encoded e-mails; Visible services not for intelligence purposes.
6) Cyber Risk Management: Definitions; Top-down and bottom-up risk approach. ISO 27001, NIST sp800-53 and other standards; Cybersecurity frameworks; National Framework for Cybersecurity and Essential PMI Management; Italian national regulations.