[students’ journal] Marzo 2016

11 March 2016

What is it like to be a student at BBS? Here is where they have their say on campus life, tips of Bologna, and much more. Written by and for the Students.

Read here the other posts published.

The road to Bologna Business School (BBS)

My road to BBS was longer than most and at 42 years of age, I am already older than most of my colleagues to begin with.  Shortly after application and acceptance to the class of 2014/2015, life took an unexpected detour.  My otherwise healthy, energetic mother was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer which depended on intensive chemotherapy and an eventual bone marrow transplant.
At the time, I was living in Sweden and my mother was in the United States.  It was clear to me that I would not be focused on BBS if I were to begin during this period. Therefore, I made the decision to delay and re-apply for the 2015/2016 academic year. I am studying at BBS now and I share my story because I firmly believe everything happens for a reason.
Unfortunately, I lost my mother at the end of September, 2014 but this loss has profoundly shaped who I am and how I view my world.  I feel more grateful, more grounded, and more certain I am exactly where I need to be and with the people I need to be with.   My Bologna adventure may have begun one year later than planned but it began with a special trip with my father who had never been outside of the United States.  Together we made a cycling tour of Tuscany and a general tour of my new surroundings.
After this two wheeled adventure, the class of 2015/2016 kicked off the academic year and I have since met some of the most amazing people that will forever be dear to me.  Though the road may have been long, I am grateful to be in Bologna, studying at BBS, and supported by the best team of people one could hope for.

Monica Hunsberger

Monica Lynn Hunsberger – USA
Global MBA Food and Wine

Apply